Aquatic Weed Control Recommendations (Herbicide and Triploid Grass Carp) From The North Carolina Agriculture Chemicals Manual.
To find your local County Extension Office:
- North Carolina – http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/counties/
- South Carolina – https://www.clemson.edu/extension
- Virginia – http://www.ext.vt.edu/offices/
Aquatic Plant Management Societies:
- Aquatic Plant Management Society
- Florida Aquatic Plant Management Society
- Midsouth Aquatic Plant Management Society
- Midwest Aquatic Plant Management Society
- Northeast Aquatic Plant Management Society
- South Carolina Aquatic Plant Management Society
- Texas Aquatic Plant Management Society
- Western Aquatic Plant Management Society
North Carolina Agencies and Organizations:
- NCDA&CS Noxious Weed List. Listed noxious weed species in the state of NC.
- NCDEQ Algae and Aquatic Plants. Provides support for ambient monitoring with a focus on phytoplankton.
- NCDEQ Aquatic Weed Control Program. This program provides assistance to local governments to help manage listed noxious weed infestations.
- NCDEQ Water Resources Division. Responsible for water quality in the state.
- North Carolina Invasive Plant Council. “Facilitates solutions to problems caused by invasive plants.”
- North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission. Mission is to “to conserve and sustain the state’s fish and wildlife resources through research, scientific management, wise use, and public input.”
- Weed Science Society of North Carolina. “Founded to advance the discipline of Weed Science and to improve the well-being of the citizens of the state through a better understanding of weeds and their management.”
LINKS TO WATER GARDEN INFORMATION – NCSU HORTICULTURE DEPARTMENT
AQUATIC NUISANCE SPECIES PROGRAM – SOUTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES
APIS – THE AQUATIC PLANT INFORMATION SYSTEM – FROM U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS
AQUATIC PLANT CONTROL RESEARCH PROGRAM – U.S. ARMY CROPS OF ENGINEERS